Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Midnight Book Blog

So, for the past two weeks I have spent my Christmas break tearing through two books. Don’t laugh, chuckle or poke fun at what I think is a major accomplishment. Between 2 children, my own business and a never-ending amount of self-initiated projects, I rarely finish a book in less than a month. I am the notorious 3-page-a-night girl who falls asleep before I even find my bookmark. That being said, I am thrilled to note this accomplishment.

For friends and family who know me, you know that I love to read. You also know that I am always looking for a new hobby and am never satisfied with just doing something halfway. I always have to take it just a little farther. Well, here is farther.

At the invitation of a friend a while ago, I joined the online book club Goodreads.com. This site allows you to post what you are reading, have read and hope to read and then share your thoughts on such books. Well, have you ever finished a book and just have so much to say? I do (okay in all honestly, I always have something to say about anything - just ask my husband). I thought what better way to praise, preach, or really rip a book apart than by starting by own blog.

So, here is my new hobby for 2009. The one and on Midnight Book Blog. Funny name? Well, I was trying to be creative and since it will usually be well after-hours before I ever have time to update this blog I felt that this would be a very appropriate title. Feel free to check back often, at anytime day or night. I resolve to read more than 1 book a month this year and hope to have a lot of interesting discussions.

Fair warning - I will not censor. If you don’t want a spoiler to ruin your read, check back when you‘ve finished the book and see if you can then handle the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment